If you are planning a trip to Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, here are the top choices of hotels and Airbnbs to enjoy an unforgettable experience.
Top 5 Hotels
- Hospital Real (Royal Hospital)
You will sure feel like a royal, at least I did, staying in this posh hotel with luxury rooms and common areas, upscale dining and Cathedral views. Prices are high but not excessive for what you get (90-120€)
2. Hotel Palacio del Carmen
A former convent carefully converted into a luxury hotel by the Marriott Group, located away from all the action, but just a 15 minute walk to the Cathedral (112€). If you enjoy the peace and quiet at night, this is the best choice for you.
Hotel Compostela is conveniently located within the city, and is close to many great bars and restaurants. It’s a beautiful building but it’s in the middle of the hustle and bustle so it depends on what you are looking for (97€).
4. San Francisco Hotel Monumento
Just at walking distance from the Cathedral, this hotel was an old San Francisco Convent from the XVIII century and it perfectly combines the historical features with modern luxury and comfort.
Now, here is a more modern hotel for those who prefer this type of architecture. Surrounded by green parkland near a peaceful lake it is a distinctive, modern retreat only minutes on foot from the Old District in Santiago
Top 5 Airbnbs
- Apartment with a balcony in the Old District, 50 meters away from the Cathedral. (4 guests)
2. Located in one of the best streets of the city (Montero Ríos) it is Ideal for families or groups up to 8 people.
3. This great apartment is located in the beautiful Galeras Park and is only 50 meters away from the Old District, it can host up to 6 guests.
4. Check out this wonderful 710 square ft. loft just 1 minute walk from the Cathedral (2-3 guests)
5. Beautiful loft with access to the garden in a XIX century building in the Old District (2-3 guests)
One Reply to “Spain Getaways: Top Hotels And Airbnbs In Santiago De Compostela”